I hereby nominate this fellow for a Darwin Award



Whilst a man named Keogh, belonging to Ballyward, county Wicklow, was travelling by the Blessington tram from Terenure, near Dublin, on Friday afternoon, he extracted by way of joke from a fellow-passenger’s pocket a bottle which he believed to contain whiskey, and imbibed a considerable portion of its contents. He quietly replaced the bottle, making no remark as to the occurrence at the time, but as it was subsequently noticed that he was seriously unwell, he mentioned that he had taken a quantity of the liquid, which turned out to be poison. Nothing could be done for the unfortunate man by those on the tramcar, but as soon as he arrived at Blessington medical aid was procured, and although every known remedy was applied, the poison was too long in the system, and Keogh died a short time afterwards.

The North-Eastern Daily Gazette, Monday 19 October 1891


Leave a comment

Filed under Newsworthy Deaths, Peculiar Behaviour

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s